gfxgfxThe Mondo Boardsgfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 25, 2017, 09:14:05 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Welcome, guests!  Feel free to browse the boards.  In order to post or respond, you will need to register.  It's easy, and it's free!
Be sure you check the Mondo Cult site regularly - we're always updating!  http://www.MondoCult.com
gfx
gfx
gfxgfx
gfxgfx gfxgfx
Search:     Advanced search
gfxgfx Home Help Calendar Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Casey: 30 Years Later  (Read 8555 times)
The Drunken Severed Head

"Weirdness is where you find it."

« on: August 26, 2011, 02:16:38 AM »

I was lucky and got to see a "sequel" (of sorts) to Frank Henenlotter's trash classic Basket Case in a very old format: Live on stage!

Beverly Bonner wrote a one-act play called "Casey: 30 Years Later" and it premiered here in Pittsburgh, following a (rather ill-fated) screening of the Henenlotter movie, one of the most successful horror films in the days of VHS rental. Belial was pretty creepy in the day! You can read about it at this link (and I'd be grateful if you did):
http://drunkenseveredhead.blogspot.com/2011/08/casey-30-years-later.html

Cinemacabre
Rampant Member
Administrator
SuperHero Member

« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2011, 02:39:30 AM »

Bravo, Max! A great read. The play sounds terrific. If it starts going the convention route, I'll make sure to see it. Sounds like a good time. Too bad FH's stuff is a bit too recent for Monsters Bash. I think they'd get a kick out of it.

D'Entre les Morts,

Cinemacabre
The Drunken Severed Head

"Weirdness is where you find it."

« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2011, 07:13:53 PM »

It's more than too recent for Monster Bash. It's too gory and too vulgar. Heads would explode if Henenlotter's films were ever shown. He has the love of schlock horror of a John Landis, but the aesthetic of John Waters. And I mean vintage, PINK FLAMINGOS-era Waters, not nicey HAIRSPRAY the Musical Waters.

Nope, no way, no how will a Henenlotter film EVER show at a Monster Bash!

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: