The Mondo Boards
August 16, 2017, 09:32:29 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome, guests!  Feel free to browse the boards.  In order to post or respond, you will need to register.  It's easy, and it's free!
Be sure you check the Mondo Cult site regularly - we're always updating!  http://www.MondoCult.com

Home   Help Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: WHO WILL WIN?  (Read 10372 times)
Cinemacabre
Rampant Member
Administrator
SuperHero Member

« on: August 30, 2012, 06:46:32 PM »

Okay, time to put up or shut up. Whom do you think will win the Presidential election? Not the guy you want to win or your mentalist says will win. I don't give a rat's ass if your a Dem, a Repub, a Liber-T...

Just tell us Who Will Win!

I'll start off: Romney will win.

D'Entre les Morts,

Cinemacabre
gcalan
Magnificent Member

« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2012, 08:22:28 PM »

I'm a dem and probably partial, but I gotta think President Obama gets another four years.
Cinemacabre
Rampant Member
Administrator
SuperHero Member

« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2012, 02:07:55 AM »

But, Gus, I never said I wasn't a Dem. We're just stating who we think is going to win.

D'Entre les Morts,

Cinemacabre
HammerFilmFan
SuperHero Member

« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2012, 04:20:19 AM »

Clearly a Dem here, but I don't think there any doubt Obama has it. Soon, the crap Romney/Ryan are spouting will have to be debated. Romney's speech wasn't too bad last nite, the first part was good, but then when he said it was a joke Obama is trying to put the brakes on global warming, he lost it. Global warming is well-proven, whether it's man-made or natural. And Romney's wanton oil exploration, etc., would make it worse. Obama just needs to point out that IF he had a Dem congress, he could truly pass some legislation that WOULD put the brakes on global warming AND PUT PEOPLE TO WORK DOING SO!

Kinda a no-brainer IMO.

I want to remind everyone here of something I knew would be forgotten right away: When the GOP took Congress 2 yrs ago, they PROMISED people would start going back to work. Remember that???  But nooooooooooooo, they aren't to blame. But when Obama says he'll put people back to work (and he did help, a bit, not with any help from the GOP), he gets blamed for a shaky economy. Look, if they want to blame him for that, fine, I understand. But Obama needs to point out the promises the GOP made as well!!

THEN, Obama has it clinched.   Smiley

Ray Steele
Jessie Lilley
Mad Woman of Santa Cruz
SuperHero Member

Jessie's Cat House

« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2012, 05:40:27 AM »

Obama.

Jessie Lilley
Editor-in-chief
Mondo Cult
voyttbots
SuperHero Member

« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2012, 12:14:41 PM »

I`m going with Obama but there sure is a ton of hate out there.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2012, 12:18:41 PM by voyttbots » Logged
The Drunken Severed Head

"Weirdness is where you find it."

« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2012, 12:59:30 PM »

I'm voting for the President but I think Romney will squeak out an electoral college win. Too many Republican officials out there will cheat, and in a very, very close race, they'll pull out some narrow wins in the 7 or 8 states that make the difference.

Al Gore has just called for the elimination of the Electoral College. I'm all for it.

HammerFilmFan
SuperHero Member

« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2012, 01:47:22 PM »

I'm voting for the President but I think Romney will squeak out an electoral college win. Too many Republican officials out there will cheat, and in a very, very close race, they'll pull out some narrow wins in the 7 or 8 states that make the difference.

Al Gore has just called for the elimination of the Electoral College. I'm all for it.

Me too!! It was "great" back in the day when rural areas combined had more people than urban areas -- that was the point of the electoral college. But now, that is TOTALLY backwards!

Ray Steele
Jessie Lilley
Mad Woman of Santa Cruz
SuperHero Member

Jessie's Cat House

« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2012, 03:08:21 PM »

Should have been eliminated a long time ago.

Jessie Lilley
Editor-in-chief
Mondo Cult
Cinemacabre
Rampant Member
Administrator
SuperHero Member

« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2012, 09:26:39 PM »

I'm thrilled to have been wrong.  Cool

I waited 4 1/2 hours in line - no chairs or any place to sit - to vote today.

Florida needs to find a way to stop embarrassing its residents. The hanging chad of a few years back was bad enough. But this year was worse. Our polls close an hour apart because we are in two time zones. The pan handle isn't EST like the rest of the State. Well, the panhandle is 100% counted at 11:00 PM EST - three hours after they closed. The rest of the state that closed at 7:00 EST is still counting at midnight with 91% of the votes counted, FIVE hours after they closed the polls. Meaning that Obama won without us in the mix. We need to speed up this process so that we are relevant again. I am NOT sorry I waited 4 1/2 hours to vote. Hell, I'll do that anytime! But for a close election to be called before a large State like Florida has finished counting is inexcusable. Next time, I'd like to read the headline, "Florida seals the deal for a _____ win." But if it takes us a half a day to count our votes, that will never happen.

D'Entre les Morts,

Cinemacabre
gcalan
Magnificent Member

« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2012, 09:53:28 PM »

I'm a dem and probably partial, but I gotta think President Obama gets another four years.

I told ya guys there was nothing to worry about!
Jessie Lilley
Mad Woman of Santa Cruz
SuperHero Member

Jessie's Cat House

« Reply #11 on: November 07, 2012, 04:57:54 PM »

I was talking with Rich this morning and we were discussing this thread. I remember he mentioned that when he asked "who will win?" he was asking not for whom we WANTED to win, but who we THOUGHT would win. I posted Obama.

The reasons I thought he'd win - even though I knew it would be very close - is because Mr. Romney has no conception of how the 99% of the people in this country live. Mr. Obama does. The 99% are not stupid. They saw that huge difference. About 50% of that 99%, however, ARE stupid when it comes to religion. They will vote as they are told to vote by pastors and religious leaders. That works both ways. 25% to each candidate, I'd say. The other 50%? It's a 50/50 shot.

This is how I read it coming up to election day. That's why I saw a very tight popular vote race.

I will say this however - I am stunned at the enormity of the Electoral College votes. I really thought that would be a wire race. To be able to call that election less than an hour after California closed - to see Romney concede less than 2 hours after California closed ...

Totally and completely stunned.

Is Florida still yellow?

Jessie Lilley
Editor-in-chief
Mondo Cult
The Drunken Severed Head

"Weirdness is where you find it."

« Reply #12 on: November 07, 2012, 08:16:03 PM »

Never been happier to be wrong than today!

Here's some tweets people made during Election Day that I saw posted online
:

They keep talking about early voting. I'm betting Romney's getting most of the votes from the 1950s.

If Romney wins, I'm totally going to keep living in Canada.

Man, it'll be sad if things don't work out for Romney. If he loses, he'll just return to be richest guy in world.

And so, the Disney Imagineers started to weep, realizing their greatest Hall of Presidents robot would never be completed.

I heard Romney hired a bunch of Mexican migrant workers to have some low-cost fingernails to chew.

If you vote against Obama because he cant get stuff done, its like saying, “this guy can’t cure cancer. Im gonna vote for cancer”

Hanging out at the polls looking for young female Romney voters because anyone with judgement that terrible would probably jack me off.

Tagg Romney's really wishing he punched Obama now.

Indiana's Richard Mourdock loses Senate race just as God intended.

BREAKING: Latest polls show overwhelming infinity of possibilities, showing us all how small we really are [from The Onion]

In Massachusetts I got to vote in favor of suicide and marijuana. The ballot was like the track list of a Black Sabbath album. [Josh Gondelman]

http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2012/11/06/funniest-us-election-tweets-canada_n_2085237.html#slide=1723580

http://929jackfm.com/14-funny-election-day-2012-tweets/

voyttbots
SuperHero Member

« Reply #13 on: November 08, 2012, 03:12:02 PM »

Florida has still not been called as I type this. Obama is in the lead. Today, the Romney campaign has conceded that Obama took Florida. Still not official.
Jessie Lilley
Mad Woman of Santa Cruz
SuperHero Member

Jessie's Cat House

« Reply #14 on: November 08, 2012, 06:26:52 PM »

wtf?

Jessie Lilley
Editor-in-chief
Mondo Cult
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: