The Mondo Boards
November 21, 2017, 02:43:31 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome, guests!  Feel free to browse the boards.  In order to post or respond, you will need to register.  It's easy, and it's free!
Be sure you check the Mondo Cult site regularly - we're always updating!  http://www.MondoCult.com

Home   Help Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: T.A.M.I. Show on DVD  (Read 8380 times)
Jessie Lilley
Mad Woman of Santa Cruz
SuperHero Member

Jessie's Cat House

« on: September 09, 2010, 03:06:36 PM »

Our Kevin Wierzbicki reviews Shout! Factory's DVD release of the T.A.M.I. Show.

Jessie Lilley
Editor-in-chief
Mondo Cult
Cinemacabre
Rampant Member
Administrator
SuperHero Member

« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2010, 03:25:23 PM »

We have a Kevin Wierzbicki ? I don't even remember ordering one.

D'Entre les Morts,

Cinemacabre
Jessie Lilley
Mad Woman of Santa Cruz
SuperHero Member

Jessie's Cat House

« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2010, 03:31:32 PM »

"We've" had our Kevin for many years at Mondo Cult. He's a fine writer.

Jessie Lilley
Editor-in-chief
Mondo Cult
Cinemacabre
Rampant Member
Administrator
SuperHero Member

« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2010, 03:38:46 PM »

He should join us here. We'll run him up the flagpole and see who salutes him.  Cool

D'Entre les Morts,

Cinemacabre
Jeff Martin
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2010, 09:22:01 AM »

First time I ever saw the TAMI show was at Gary Stern's Silvery Moon studios.
He had a film copy.

First time I ever saw the Mass.(Cape Cod) Group The Barbarians do Hey Little Bird. WOW! Cool!
The drummer had a hook for a hand! My kind of garage band... Cheesy

Gary had toured the Country with Little Richard. as his sound man.
In the 70's he had showed a film called the History of the Beatles..
It went nationwide and played at midnight showings etc.
He had hours of illegal footage in that film.
I won tickets from a radio station in Boston (WCOZ) to see it and it was great!
This was in 1979
Flash forward to 1989 and while recording an album for Greg Shaw I meet Gary and he sees my John Lennon Rickenbacker,
Tells me that he is a big Beatles fan too. So in talking about them I mention that cool film I once saw and his eyes nearly popped out of his head.

"That's my film", he said  You saw it ? He ran and pulled out the film canisters to prove it to me!
He told me APPLE found out about it and shut him down halfway thru the release. Luckily he wasn't sued...
oktim57
Posting Member

« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2011, 10:14:48 PM »

I also like The Big TNT Show (1966), especially the three song set by The Byrds. AMC was airing it several years ago, but I don't know if it is out on DVD or not.
Jessie Lilley
Mad Woman of Santa Cruz
SuperHero Member

Jessie's Cat House

« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2011, 08:55:30 AM »

I'm a mad Byrds fan. Always have been. I think we should delve into this thought and see if it's available.

And the answer is: YES! The Big T.N.T. Show is available on DVD. Follow the link to order.

Jessie Lilley
Editor-in-chief
Mondo Cult
oktim57
Posting Member

« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2011, 09:44:17 AM »

Great news, I will definitely be ordering a copy. The show features the original Byrds lineup, with Roger McGuinn on 12-string guitar, Gene Clark on tambourine, David Crosby on guitar, Chris Hillman on bass and Michael Clarke on drums.

Other performers at The Big TNT Show include The Lovin' Spoonful, Ray Charles, Joan Baez, The Ronettes and Roger Miller.

Thanks, Jessie!
voyttbots
SuperHero Member

« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2011, 09:51:15 AM »

I also like The Big TNT Show (1966), especially the three song set by The Byrds. AMC was airing it several years ago, but I don't know if it is out on DVD or not.

AMC used to show all kinds of cool stuff before the change. Has it been over 10 years? Seems so long ago now.
oktim57
Posting Member

« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2011, 10:18:24 AM »

AMC used to show all kinds of cool stuff before the change. Has it been over 10 years? Seems so long ago now.

Ten years or close to it, yeah. I think it was in 2002 when they really changed formats.

AMC was great when Bob Dorian was the host in the 1980s and 1990s, showing old movies, classic and otherwise, with no commercials. Their annual Monsterfest would invariably include lots of the Universal horror films.

Now they show mostly crappy movies and seem to be competing with Syfy on which network can run the most commercials per hour.

They have done some nice work with some of their original series, but their days as a classic movie channel are long gone.
voyttbots
SuperHero Member

« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2011, 03:07:33 PM »

My favorite on AMC was AMERICAN POP on Saturday nights. They would show retro commercials, shorts, TV episodes, all kinds of things as well as movies.
Jessie Lilley
Mad Woman of Santa Cruz
SuperHero Member

Jessie's Cat House

« Reply #11 on: November 14, 2011, 09:22:21 AM »

I remember that. I used to enjoy it and had some Saturday night parties centered around it. Back when I had Saturday night parties. LOL!

Jessie Lilley
Editor-in-chief
Mondo Cult
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: